Shrimp seasoned with a zesty lime-tequila marinade flavored with garlic, cumin, and ground black pepper are grilled on skewers for a tasty appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 eaches (10 inch) wooden skewers
- 1 large lime, quartered
- Whisk together the lime juice, tequila, olive oil, garlic salt, cumin, and black pepper in a bowl until well blended. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp, seal bag and turn to coat evenly. Refrigerate 1 to 4 hours before grilling.
- Soak skewers at least 30 minutes in water to prevent burning.
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source.
- Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Thread shrimp onto prepared skewers, 5 to 6 per skewer.
- Cook, uncovered, on preheated grill until shrimp turn pink, turning once, for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with lime wedges for garnish.