Grilled polenta rounds are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and topped with a fresh black bean salsa for a light and refreshing appetizer in the hot summer months.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) tube polenta, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine black beans, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Lay polenta rounds on a clean work surface and brush the tops with olive oil. Flip the rounds over and brush the other side with olive oil. Lightly season one side.
- Grill polenta rounds for 5 minutes. Using a spatula, flip them over and grill for 5 minutes longer. Top with black bean salsa just before serving.