Marinated first for tons of flavor, this grilled lemon-garlic chicken is a family-approved main dish that's easy to prepare.
- 1 cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, onion powder, pepper, and salt in a large, gallon-sized, zip-top bag. Seal and shake well. Add chicken and shake again. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place the chicken on the grill over indirect heat, baste with marinade, and cover. Grill for 10 minutes. Baste again, then turn over and baste the other side. Cover and continue to grill until no longer pink in the centers and juices run clear, about 10 minutes more.