Making a quick compound butter to spread on your halibut steaks is a perfect way to get a tasty grilled fish.
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- ¾ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 piece (blank)s inch-thick halibut steaks
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Stir butter, lemon juice, onion powder, parsley, dill, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; spread evenly over the halibut steaks.
- Cook on preheated grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes per side.