This is a great summer salad when fresh corn is in season. Combining mozzarella, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and basil, it's great for parties or barbecues.
- 6 ears fresh corn, shucked and desilked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces pearl-size mozzarella balls
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove finely grated garlic
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Brush corn with oil.
- Grill corn until outside is golden brown with grill marks, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely. Cut off kernels with a sharp knife and place in a large bowl. Add cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, red onion, yellow bell pepper, and red bell pepper.
- Combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, basil, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake jar until dressing ingredients are combined. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.