This salad is best served warm so all of the fabulous flavors can strut their stuff. The veggies are roasted for this salad and then combined with bow tie pasta, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and a splash of olive oil.
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 3 small yellow squash, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ ounces sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in 1/2 cup boiling water
- ½ cup torn arugula leaves
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl toss the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, eggplant, and squash with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake vegetables 25 minutes in the preheated oven, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta 10 to 12 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Drain the softened sun-dried tomatoes and reserve the water. In a large bowl, toss together the roasted vegetables, cooked pasta, sun-drained tomatoes, arugula, and basil. Mix in remaining olive oil, reserved water from tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and feta cheese; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until chilled.