It takes just a little extra effort to turn ordinary baked potatoes into extraordinary baked potatoes! Potatoes are baked, the flesh is scooped out, combined with cheese, egg, butter and milk and then baked again.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 medium (2-1/4" to 3" dia, raw)s baking potatoes
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sliced green onions, divided
- ½ cup milk
- paprika to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl combine oil, salt and pepper. Rub potato skins with oil mixture.
- Bake potatoes (do not wrap in foil) in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove potatoes from oven and slice skin off of the top. Scoop the flesh into a large bowl, reserving the intact skins. To the potatoes add cheese, egg, butter and half of the green onions. Mash potatoes while gradually adding milk. Spoon the mixture into the skins and top with remaining onions and paprika.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until golden brown.