Grape-Nuts(R) cereal adds pleasing crunch to this velvety, vanilla-scented coconut milk ice cream that's dairy-free and suitable for vegans.
- ¼ cup roasted flax seeds
- 2 (14 ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan black salt
- 1 cup wheat and barley nugget cereal (such as Grape-Nuts®), frozen
- Pulse flax seeds in a coffee grinder until finely ground. Transfer to a blender.
- Pour coconut milk into the blender. Add vanilla extract, stevia powder, xanthan gum, coconut oil, maple extract, and black salt; blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer blender container to the freezer to chill mixture briefly, about 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker; churn according to manufacturer's instructions, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a lidded container and freeze until firm but still malleable, about 30 minutes. Stir in wheat and barley cereal nuggets until well-incorporated.