This homemade dog food is grain free and full of fresh, wholesome ingredients for your favorite pet. I ask the local butcher for the freshest minced chicken and chicken hearts.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken hearts
- 1 pound minced chicken meat
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 apples, roughly chopped
- 2 pears, roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 ⅓ cups strawberries
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ½ pound French beans
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken hearts; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour into the bowl a food processor and chop. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add minced chicken to the frying pan over medium heat. Cook and stir until evenly white throughout and no longer pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While minced chicken is cooking, place carrots, apples, pears, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, and French beans into the bowl of the food processor. Blend until finely chopped.
- Stir cooked chicken hearts into the frying pan with the cooked minced chicken. Spoon chopped vegetable-fruit mixture into the pan. Cook and stir gently over medium heat until vegetables are lightly cooked, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool fully, about 30 minutes. Divide into portions and serve.