This gluten-free, oat-free apple crisp has a crunchy, buttery topping--even without oats--thanks to a mixture of gluten-free flour and cornstarch.
- 6 medium apples - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup cold butter
- ⅔ cup gluten-free all purpose baking flour
- ⅔ cup cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Place apples in a large mixing bowl and toss with cinnamon and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Pour apple juice over apples.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Blend in flour and 2/3 cup cornstarch using 2 forks or a pastry blender until butter mixture is crumbly; sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and crust is golden, 40 to 50 minutes.