These mozzarella bites, lightly coated and deep-fried to perfection, are a great gluten-free snack or appetizer option.
- ½ cup gluten-free corn flakes
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) balls fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into wedges
- vegetable oil for frying
- Place corn flakes in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until crushed.
- Combine crushed corn flakes, potato starch, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Beat egg in a second shallow dish.
- Dip mozzarella cheese pieces first in egg, then in the corn flake mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add breaded mozzarella cheese; fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to a baking pan lined with a wire rack to drain excess grease.