This tried and tested gluten-free muffin recipes includes diced apple and hemp hearts. It is made with a homemade gluten-free flour mix with sorghum, almond, and rice flour.
- 3 apples - peeled, cored, and diced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum, or more as desired
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅓ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease an 18-cup muffin tin or line cups with paper liners.
- Combine diced apples and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Combine sugar and coconut oil in a large bowl and beat using an electric mixer until evenly blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Stir sorghum flour, almond flour, rice flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together in a bowl, making a well in the center. Pour sugar mixture into well and stir just until batter is combined; fold in apples and hemp hearts using a spoon or a spatula.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool muffins in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.