Enjoy these basic, light, and moist gluten-free banana cupcakes, perfect for any occasion and ready to be decorated with your favorite frosting.
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup palm oil shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups gluten-free flour blend (such as Namaste Perfect Flour Blend)
- 4 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with with paper liners.
- Beat sugar and shortening together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Sift flour into the shortening mixture. Add bananas, buttermilk, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; mix until well combined. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes.