This is the best and the last pound cake recipe you will ever use. My Pastor looks for it at every church gathering, and the people at the City Mission look for it every time my parents visit. It is rich, moist and will lasts for up to two weeks if you keep it covered, with foil or in a cake tray.
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- Do not preheat oven. Spray a 10 inch Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray. Sift together flour, soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Pour the flour mixture into the batter and gently fold in with a spatula. Stir in the vanilla, lemon and orange flavoring. Batter will be very thick.
- Pour batter into prepared 10 inch Bundt pan. Place cake in oven and set thermostat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until the top is golden brown and then turn the oven off. Let the cake sit in the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn cake over onto a cake plate and allow to cool while covered.