Lamb is roasted to perfection with cannellini beans in this classic French dish you can serve at Sunday lunch or on an occasion like Easter.
- 1 (3 pound) leg of lamb
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 (14 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place leg of lamb in a large baking dish. Prick in 6 places with a sharp knife; insert garlic cloves into the slits. Brush butter over lamb. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven, basting regularly with juices, for 25 minutes. Arrange cannellini beans around the lamb, mixing to coat with juices. Continue roasting until beans are warmed through and the internal temperature of the lamb reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) for medium, about 15 minutes more.
- Let lamb rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve beans on the side.