Easy fried treats made with a batter similar to pancake batter.
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Beat egg. Mix in milk. Sift flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder; beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- Pour oil into a heavy pan until it is 1 inch deep. Heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour batter through funnel into oil with a circular motion to form a spiral. Fry until lightly brown; turn over to brown the other side. Cook to golden brown, and remove to drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar while still warm.