Frisee lettuce has a slightly bitter taste but when tossed with a sweet and tangy, warm bacon dressing, it's simply delicious!
- 1 head frisee lettuce - washed, dried, and torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Place frisee lettuce in a serving bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add bacon bits, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, red wine, sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook until dressing is hot.
- Pour hot bacon dressing over frisee and toss to coat. Serve immediately.