Crispy pieces of fried chicken thighs are coated with a sweet and savory raspberry and Worcestershire sauce in this family-friendly main dish.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar red raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- vegetable oil for frying
- Make the sauce by mixing raspberry preserves, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder together in a bowl.
- Place cornstarch in a shallow bowl. Beat eggs with salt in another bowl. Dip chicken in cornstarch, then into the beaten eggs. Dip in cornstarch again.
- Fill a pan with 1 1/2 inches of oil and heat over medium heat. Fry chicken in the pan until light golden brown and centers are no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Place cooked chicken aside, clean out the pan, and add 1/4 cup oil.
- Heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add chicken and stir gently to coat with oil. Pour in sauce and coat well, stirring gently.