Slices of sugared fresh fruit - peaches, pears, plums, and cherries - are piled into a large casserole dish and covered with a sweet batter. Thirty minutes later, the cobbler emerges bubbling, fragrant, and golden brown.
- 1 cup sliced fresh peaches
- ¾ cup peeled, cored and sliced apple
- ¾ cup peeled, cored and sliced pear
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup pitted and sliced cherries
- ½ cup pitted and sliced plums
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Arrange the peaches, apple, pear, blueberries, cherries, and plums in the prepared baking dish. In a medium bowl, beat egg, sugar, and milk. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the egg mixture. Stir in vanilla and melted butter. Cover the fruit with the batter mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Cobbler should be bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm.