These spring rolls are filled with lettuce, hickory smoked bacon, and tomato slices, and served with an avocado/coconut milk dipping sauce.
- 12 slices Farmland® Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 6 rice papers
- 6 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 3 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup coconut milk, chilled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 12-inch skillet cook bacon on medium-high heat until browned and crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one rice paper into water for a few seconds or just until moistened. Rice paper will still be firm but continue to soften during assembly. Place on work surface.
- Top rice paper with lettuce leaf. Arrange 2 bacon slices across the lower third of the rice paper. Arrange tomato slices over bacon.
- Fold bottom of rice paper over filling. Fold in sides leaving the top of the roll open; roll up tightly. Repeat with the remaining rice papers, lettuce, bacon, and tomato slices.
- For dipping sauce, place avocados, cilantro, green onions, and lime juice in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Add coconut milk. Process 1 to 2 minutes more or until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve spring rolls with dipping sauce.