Try this quick and easy recipe for fig scones made with fresh summer figs folded into a gluten-free dough of rice flour and rolled oats.
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chopped fresh figs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine rice flour, oats, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Mix honey, oil, and egg together in a small bowl. Combine with the flour mixture. Stir figs into the dough.
- Spread dough into a 7-inch circle onto the parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Score dough into 8 wedges. Continue baking scones until golden brown, about 15 minutes more.