Creamy sauce, succulent chicken, perfectly al dente pasta, a sprinkle of fresh herbs . . . all that's missing is the waiter and the check.
- ½ pound fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 ¼ cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet. Mix broth and flour in same skillet. Stir in Neufchatel, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, garlic powder and pepper; cook 2 min. or until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly with whisk. Stir in chicken.
- Drain pasta; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.