This Lebanese fattoush salad is a colorful mix of tomatoes, lettuce, purslane, and pomegranate molasses with a crunchy toasted pita topping.
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 ¼ cups quartered and thinly sliced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups halved and sliced cucumber
- 1 cup chopped purslane leaves and stems
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley (Optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 3 ½ tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 ½ teaspoons sumac powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pita bread round, split and cut into squares
- Mix lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, purslane, mint, and parsley together in a large bowl. Place in the refrigerator.
- Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, red onion, pomegranate molasses, sumac, and salt together in a small bowl to make dressing. Place in the refrigerator.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir pita squares in the hot oil until golden brown and crunchy, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to mix. Scatter pita squares on top.