Turkey sausage and farro make a delicious one-dish meal your whole family with enjoy.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8.8 ounce) package quick-cook farro (such as Trader Joe's®)
- 1 pound bulk sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring chicken broth to a boil; add farro. Cook until farro is tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer sausage to a bowl using a slotted spoon, reserving remaining grease in the skillet.
- Melt butter into the reserved grease over medium heat; cook and stir apples, onion, and garlic until apples are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add sausage and farro. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Continue to cook and stir until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes more.