My grandmother's Woman's Club would hold bake sales, and this pie was always a hit. Hope you enjoy it.
- 3 large eggs eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Mix in sugar, salt, vanilla, and corn syrup. Melt the butter and whisk it into the egg mixture. Stir in the nuts. Pour filling into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.