Simple yet elegant oysters smoked in an electric smoker in their own shells. Smoking oysters in their own liquor plumps them up and gives them a great texture.
- 12 fresh oysters in shells, rinsed and scrubbed clean
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat an electric smoker to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Shuck oysters and add them to a bowl along with their liquor. Add salt and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash 1/2 of the shells. Drain liquor from the oysters and place an oyster in each half shell.
- Place shells directly on the grate and smoke for 1 1/2 hours. Top each oyster with a dash of Worcestershire sauce before serving.