Homemade pear puree is sweet, filled with fibre, and rich in vitamin C. When scrambled with egg and baby oatmeal, it makes a protein-packed and nutrient-rich food for your baby.
- 2 pears - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon prepared baby oatmeal cereal (suitable for 6-month-old baby)
- 1 large egg
- Steam or boil diced pears until very tender. Drain if necessary and mash or puree until you have your desired consistency. Let cool, then place in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare baby oatmeal cereal according to package directions, mixing until you have your desired consistency.
- Whisk egg. Whisk in 1/4 cup (60 mL) of pureed pears and 1 Tbsp (15 mL) prepared baby oatmeal until well combined.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add egg, oatmeal and pear mixture and cook, stirring often, until eggs are scrambled and completely cooked through.
- Remove from heat, let cool and chop into tiny pieces that your baby can manage.