You will love these big fluffy pancakes even if you don't like eggnog. It's a great way to start any day, especially Christmas morning. I suggest clarifying the butter but you don't have to if you don't want to.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the eggnog, butter, and egg. Mix until dry ingredients are evenly moist.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. Cook pancakes until bubbly on top. Flip with a spatula, and continue cooking until lightly browned on bottom.