This gorgeous trifle combines two of the holiday's best flavors - eggnog and gingerbread.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package gingerbread cake mix
- 3 cups eggnog
- 1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gingersnap cookie crumbs
- Prepare gingerbread cake mix and bake according to package directions (any size pan). Cool completely.
- Place the pudding mix in a large bowl. Pour in the eggnog and whisk for about 2 minutes. Refrigerate pudding until the gingerbread cake is cool and you are ready to assemble the trifle.
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in sugar and vanilla until peaks form.
- Crumble 1/2 of the gingerbread into the bottom of a trifle bowl or a large glass bowl. Spread 1/2 of the eggnog pudding over the gingerbread, then spread 1/2 of the whipped cream on top of the pudding. Repeat the layers with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped cream. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Sprinkle the top with the cranberries and cookie crumbs before serving.