Bacon-spiked macaroni and cheese in just 15 minutes! Our Progresso™ Recipe Starters® creamy three cheese cooking sauce plus American cheese slices make it extra cheesy and creamy. Check our oven directions if you prefer you mac baked.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 (9 ounce) pouch Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- 8 slices American cheese, diced
- 1 (3 ounce) package cooked real bacon pieces or bits
- Progresso® Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat cooking sauce to boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon; set aside. Stir in pasta and remaining bacon. If necessary, cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Mix reserved bacon with bread crumbs; sprinkle over pasta.