This easy recipe for apple jam prepared using a Vitamix(R) makes a delicious addition to homemade biscuits or waffles.
- 3 pounds Fuji apples
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pectin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Remove stems from apples and discard; wash. Peel and remove cores; reserve. Dice apples.
- Place apples into a large microwave-safe dish and microwave for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- At the same time, place peelings and cores into a pot with enough water to barely cover. Boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove diced apples from the microwave and mash with a potato masher. Add sugar, pectin, ginger, and salt. Stir.
- Pour cores, peelings, and liquid apple mixture into a Vitamix® and blend on high speed (8 or 9) until everything is well broken down to a thin applesauce consistency, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the apple mixture to a deep skillet and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat, mix in lemon juice, and fill jars; clean the rims and seal.