This is a very easy, thick vegan vegetable soup with potatoes, carrot, and sweet potatoes that only uses a few ingredients and simple spices.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 ¾ cups vegetable broth
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or more to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, carrots, sweet potato, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Puree vegetables with an immersion blender until smooth. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.