Try cooking corned beef sous vide for Saint Patrick's Day--all you need is a bit of planning ahead.
- 1 (5 pound) flat corned beef roast
- 2 teaspoons browning liquid
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Remove corned beef from the packaging and submerge in water. Discard seasoning packet. Cover and refrigerate overnight, up to 8 hours.
- Drain corned beef the next morning and pat dry. Paint all the sides with browning liquid. Sprinkle garlic powder and onion powder all over.
- Place seasoned corned beef in a sealable plastic bag and seal in a food vacuum-type sealer.
- Place sealed bag into the sous vide container and secure. Set circulator for 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius), set timer for 10 hours, and start the circulator.
- Carefully remove sealed bag from the water bath and allow to cool until it can easily be handled, about 10 minutes. Slice corned beef into 1/4-inch-thick slices, or to desired thickness.