This is a recipe that is similar to my Pennsylvania Dutch grandmother's but was modified by me. She used a pressure cooker but I prefer the crock pot. I always serve this with a side of mashed potatoes and applesauce to accompany it.
- 1 pound pork roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sauerkraut with juice
- ½ (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- ½ apple, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon fresh dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir well. Submerse the apple under the other ingredients.
- Cook on High for one hour, reduce heat to Low and continue cooking for 5 hours or until pork is cooked through. Discard apple and serve.