This is a great pasta that can be eaten at room temperature or as a cold salad. Instant, sophisticated meal or side dish! And colorful, too. Any type of twisty or unusually shaped pasta works well.
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 2 plum tomato (blank)s roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the cooked pasta, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.