Rich peanut brittle is quick and easy to prepare by using the microwave for all the cooking. No need for a candy thermometer!
- cooking spray
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 ½ cups peanuts, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray a baking sheet and a wooden spoon with cooking spray.
- Mix sugar and corn syrup together in a microwaveable bowl safe for high temperatures.
- Heat sugar mixture in microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir peanuts and butter into sugar mixture. Heat in microwave until mixture becomes a caramel color, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix baking soda and vanilla extract into syrup until smooth and foam has dissipated. Spread candy onto the prepared baking sheet using the sprayed wooden spoon. Work quickly; candy hardens fast. Let stand until cool. Break into pieces to serve.