This healthy, filling Mexican stuffed peppers recipe is not only easy to put together, but the kids can help!
- 1 (8.8 ounce) package UNCLE BEN'S® READY RICE® Whole Grain Brown
- 1 (8.8 ounce) package UNCLE BEN'S® READY RICE® Spanish Style
- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- 1 ½ (1.25 ounce) packages reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 6 large red bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 6 tablespoons Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 small avocado, diced
- Place oven rack in middle of oven and set oven to broil. Prepare rice in the microwave or skillet according to package instructions, about 90 seconds.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high and add ground beef. Cook until brown, about 5 minutes, stirring to crumble. Sprinkle with taco seasoning; cook 1 minute. Stir in rice. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place bell peppers cut-side down on a baking sheet and place in oven set to broil. Cook until slightly tender and browned on bottoms, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and stuff each pepper evenly with rice and beef mixture.
- Top each pepper with cheese and return to oven. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese bubbles slightly and starts to brown. Remove from oven and top with avocado.