Maple bacon monkey bread is extra gooey and cinnamon-sugar sweet with salty pieces of candied bacon throughout; it's easy and delicious!
- cooking spray
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel instant pudding mix, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (16.3 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuit dough, separated and cut into quarters
- 12 slices bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat the inside of a 9-inch fluted tube pan with cooking spray.
- Mix white sugar, pudding mix, and cinnamon together in a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the quartered biscuits and shake until well coated. Toss in the bacon and shake well to distribute. Transfer biscuits to the prepared tube pan. Save the sugar-cinnamon mixture left in the bottom of the bag.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in dark brown sugar, maple syrup, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil and carefully stir until it begins to foam, about 1 minute. Pour the saved sugar-cinnamon mixture into the saucepan and stir until dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the melted sugar mixture over the biscuits in the tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the biscuits are puffed up and cooked through, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.