Jam-topped muffins. These are great for breakfast!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons any flavor fruit jam
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
- Fill cups 2/3 full. Place 1/2 teaspoon any flavor jam on each muffin before baking; press into batter. If desired, sprinkle with finely chopped nuts.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.