This easy corn chowder cooks in an Instant Pot(R) in under 15 minutes. Using the Saute function helps it come to pressure faster and cuts down on overall cook time.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- ½ cup instant potato flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add onion and butter to the hot pot; cook and stir until onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add corn and chicken broth. Turn off Saute function.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Carefully remove lid and add evaporated milk, potato flakes, thyme, garlic, chives, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Serve immediately.