This technique of cooking mushrooms with butter, a splash of wine, and cream can be used with a variety of store-bought or wild mushrooms.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ pounds assorted sliced wild mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, or more to taste
- 1 splash dry white wine
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream, or more to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and cook until mushrooms release their juice, about 5 minutes. Keep cooking until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes more. Stir in parsley and pour in white wine. Add cream and season with salt.