Beet chips are a perfect vegan, low-calorie snack and a different way to use up some beets. They are wonderfully crunchy and delicious.
- 6 medium beets, scrubbed and ends trimmed
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dill
- Thinly slice beets to about 1/16-inch thickness using a mandoline. Place beet slices in a bowl and add salt. Toss to combine. Allow beets to sit about 30 minutes. Drain excess liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pour olive oil over beets and toss to combine. Mix together garlic powder, black pepper, and dill in a small bowl. Sprinkle over beets and toss to coat. Place beet slices on baking sheets in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crispy, 40 to 50 minutes. Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired.