This easy beef barbacoa is combined with zesty and flavorful ingredients in a slow cooker, proving that minimal effort can produce delicious results.
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- Mix salsa verde, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Place chuck roast in the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour salsa mixture over roast to coat.
- Cover and cook on Low until roast is tender and can be easily pulled apart with a fork, 8 to 10 hours. Shred with 2 forks and serve.