An A La King mixture including cubed chicken, peas, mushrooms, bell pepper and broth is poured into a casserole dish and baked with biscuits on top. Classic A La King goes casserole!
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ⅛ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 ½ cups cubed skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
- 1 ½ cups green peas
- 1 ½ cups canned mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup cooked, sliced carrots
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, then pour in broth and let thicken, stirring. Add chicken, peas, mushrooms, carrots, onion and bell pepper. Mix together and bring to a boil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour chicken mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place refrigerated biscuits over top and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until biscuits are done.