These super easy little chickens made from hard-boiled eggs are a fun, adorable addition to a lunch box or to serve for Easter.
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 6 sunflower seeds
- 1 leaf kale, finely chopped
- Thinly slice 6 circular pieces of carrot. Cut 2 small triangles from 3 of the circular pieces to be head feathers. Cut 1 large triangle from the remaining 3 circular pieces to be the feet. Set triangles aside.
- Slice off the bottom of each egg at the wide end so they can sit upright.
- Place 3 carrot feet on a plate and place an egg on top of each. Slice the top of each egg about 1 centimeter down using a knife. Wedge a head feather into each egg.
- Poke a hole in the front of each egg, aligning with head feather. Wedge a larger triangle into each hole as beaks.
- Poke 2 sunflower seeds into the front of each egg as the chicken's eyes.
- Serve eggs on a bed of kale.