If you want to wow your family with extra special Easter eggs, this is the recipe for you! These are peanut butter and coconut cream eggs dipped in chocolate. They are both delicious and beautiful!
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- ¼ pound margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces peanut butter
- 1 pound flaked coconut
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, margarine, cream cheese and vanilla extract. Divide the batter in half and place each half of the batter in a bowl on its own. Stir peanut butter into one of the bowls and coconut into the second.
- Using your hands, mold the dough into egg-shapes and arrange the forms on cookie sheets. Place the eggs in the freezer until frozen.
- Once the eggs have frozen, melt the chocolate and shortening in the top of a double-boiler. Dip the eggs into the chocolate until coated. Place the eggs on wax paper lined cookie sheets and return to the freezer to harden. After the chocolate has hardened the eggs can be kept in the refrigerator.