These cute and yummy bunny-shaped buns are great to delight your guests at Easter brunch or any spring meal.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup water
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 24 whole black peppercorns
- Combine sour cream, butter, and water in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until butter is melted, then set aside to cool until tepid.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine whole wheat flour, eggs, sugar, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the kneading attachment. Add sour cream mixture and mix at low speed; increase to medium speed as a ball is formed. Add a little more flour if dough is sticky.
- Form dough into balls. Use clean kitchen scissors to make snips to form ears and add peppercorns for eyes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.