Simple butter cookies are enhanced by the addition of Earl Grey tea leaves in this recipe that's sure to be a hit at teatime.
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 Earl Grey tea bags
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted halfway
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, white sugar, confectioners' sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Cut open tea bags and mix tea leaves evenly into the flour mixture.
- Add butter, eggs, water, and vanilla extract to the flour mixture. Mix with an electric mixer or rubber spatula until dough comes together.
- Roll dough into balls and shape into 2-inch cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are light brown, about 12 minutes. Cool cookies for 5 minutes before serving.