Creme de cacao helps deliver added moistness to this roasted-pumpkin bread with chocolate chips.
- 1 sugar pumpkin - seeded, peeled, and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup creme de cacao liqueur
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 ⅓ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Toss pumpkin cubes, olive oil, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a bowl; spread onto a baking sheet.
- Roast pumpkin in preheated oven for 30 minutes, increase heat to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C), and continue roasting until the pumpkin is tender, about 30 minutes more.
- Cool pumpkin cubes completely. Trim away outer edges so you have only soft, mashable pumpkin remaining. Measure 2 cups of mashed pumpkin; reserve remainder for another use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mash 2 cups pumpkin, sour cream, and creme de cacao together in a bowl with a potato masher until the mixture is relatively lump-free.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; add eggs one at a time, thoroughly beating each egg into the butter mixture before adding the next. Beat vanilla extract and the pumpkin mixture into the butter mixture with the last egg.
- Mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a separate bowl; stir into the pumpkin mixture. Fold chocolate chips through the resulting batter and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.