This recipe makes tender, wonderfully flavored meat that is great for sandwiches. I also like to serve it with flour tortillas, cheese, refried beans, etc. for people to 'build their own burritos'.
- 5 pounds chuck roast
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 eaches bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried rosemary
- Place roast in a large pot with water to cover. Mix in bouillon, salt, and garlic salt. Place the bay leaves, peppercorns, oregano, and rosemary in a coffee filter and secure tightly with a rubber band. Add this to the pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, and simmer for 6 to 8 hours. Remove coffee filter and discard. Remove roast from the pot and shred with two forks. Reserve broth for dipping if desired.